Saturday, August 17, 2013

My Favorite YouTube Channels

Lately, I've been spending a lot of time on YouTube, mostly listening to music (I love how you can listen to full albums from bands now since the old video time limits are gone), but there is a lot of great comedy and even YouTube webcasts that are great to watch.



Here are a few of my favorite channels that I have discovered recently:

The Amazing Atheist:

TJ Kirk, aka The Amazing Atheist gives his take on anything and everything, with a large dash of bluntness, and a dose of profanity from time to time. There may be times you may disagree with him, but you will probably still come back for more.




If you are a big Bad Religion fan like I am, you will get lost in this channel for hours. This channel has the most complete collection of Bad Religion songs, full albums, and even full concert DVDs.





This is the channel for comedian Gabriel "I'm Not Fat, I'm Fluffy" Iglesias. If you have never heard his comedy before, you are in for a real treat. 



Laci Green is fun to watch, she gives direct and to the point advice about relationships, sex, and sexual health. She is always funny and full of energy. She has a rather interesting life story, she grew up Mormon, ended up leaving the faith behind, graduated high school several years early, graduated college, and then became a professional counselor for victims of rape and domestic violence. She started her Sex + show two years ago on YouTube, and it has really taken off.





4 comments:

  1. Didn’t know about sex+, but will have to link this video about abstinence as its very good.

    Amazing atheist is great, but like you said you will at times disagree. He is for me good but only in small doses :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He can be a lot to handle. :)

      Sex + is great, Laci Green has a lot of practical advice, and a lot of good sense when talking about sexual issues.

      Delete
  2. I love this blog, Sheldon, but I have to say, I'm really surprised that you'd add TJ to your favorites list. Surprised and disappointed, actually. I mean, even if he makes good points occasionally, there are better people to whom you can give your clicks and ad revenue. Specifically, people who *don't* try to intentionally trigger rape survivors on Reddit and assert that "they should give the guy that raped [them] a medal."

    http://manboobz.com/2012/02/08/theamazingatheists-misogynist-meltdown/
    (MASSIVE trigger warning for rape, sexual assault, partner abuse, and gendered slurs)

    So, yeah. The "Amazing" Asshole gets no credit from me, at least not before a sincere apology and a commitment to changing his toxic views, of which TJ has done neither. In the meantime, may I suggest Aron Ra, Matt Dillahunty, Steve Shives, and Dgeypscun (aka "Jason-with-a-D") as replacement Youtubers? All of them are intelligent, well-spoken, and hilarious agnostic atheists with compassion and integrity, and they all produce real quality content.

    That was all. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Charlotte, I wasn't aware of any such controversy regarding TJ, I'll look into that, and see what was going on. Thanks for pointing it out.

      Delete

No spam, proselytizing, or personal attacks, such comments will never see the light of day around here.

Disagreeing with me is fine (I encourage it), but have some decency when writing your comment